Thursday, September 26, 2013

Shiny things!

Good morning my Little Sunshines!  I am going to admit something to you.  I got in trouble.  My beloved Binks got on me for not blogging more and told me to get my behind in gear so we can share all our fall, fabulous fall, projects with everyone.  So this conversation got me thinking; I am like a crow. I love all the shiny and new creative projects I stumble across and they so easily distract me!  This week, I am discovering chalk paint and working on a big piece of furniture and then I just tasted maple apple pie preserves and of course I had to recreate and can them myself!  With all this mad genius creating going on I did not have an elaborate project to show you, but to get me out of doggie house I am going to share something I did on my front porch- easy and cheapie, cheap!


Ok, I realize this might not be the best photo, but I also wanted you to see that fabulash splash of color on my japanese maple.  This project is so easy, but it just really delights all my visitors.  I took a Dollar Store crow, cut a hat and collar out of some fall paper making him a total dapper Dan, then I glued his bootie to a glitter pumpkin so he could sit and greet everyone.  I have this huge bird cage from the days Binkers and I owned our store.  I should get rid of it.... it is a space sucker... but I love it and use it every so often.  So this project takes about 2 seconds, costs $1 plus the cost of a real pumpkin or a fakie you can get for 50% off at any craft store!  Give it a go and you will make someone smile when they see it.

Side note from Binkers:  I did nothing of the kind!  I may have thought it but this simply proves that Diva Doggie and I are perfecting our mind melding experiments so that is a good thing!

And PS Diva Doggie is a total crow!


No comments:

Post a Comment